(Reuters) – This month’s Mobile World Congress in Barcelona will go ahead as planned, the organizer said, after LG Electronics withdrew due to the coronavirus outbreak and top Chinese firms confirmed their participation.
FILE PHOTO: An LG Electronics’ logo is pictured on a TV displayed at a shop in Seoul, South Korea, April 26, 2016. REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji/File Photo
The congress on mobile communications, which attracts more than 100,000 visitors to Barcelona, has come under scrutiny since the World Health Organization declared the coronavirus epidemic a public health emergency of international concern.
“We have spoken to LG and regret not to see them at this year’s MWC20 Barcelona,” a GSMA spokesperson said in response to a Reuters inquiry following the announcement by the South Korean electronics giant.
GSMA, an industry association representing more than 750 operators and 400 companies in the broader mobile economy, added that it saw minimal impact so far…
Source Reuters Tech News